This recipe is originally from the website ‘From My Bowl‘.
Super easy recipe that will take you right back to vending-machine-snickers bars, but only better! Just the scent of peanut butter mixed with vanilla matches the Snickers as I remember them. See for yourself!
- 1 packed cup Medjool Dates
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅔ cup Oat Flour
- ¼ cup Date Caramel, from the portion as described above
- ⅓ cup Dry Roasted Peanuts (either salted or unsalted)
- about 120 grams of vegan Chocolate
1. Remove the pits from the dates and pack them into 1 cup. Soak them for 10 minutes in hot water.
2. Drain the dates and put them in a food processor with the remaining ingredients for the Caramel layer.
3. Remove the Date Caramel and add the oat flour, combined with ¼ cup of the Date Caramel. Process well until it turns into a sticky dough that will hold together when you pinch it.
4. Press the Oat Flour Nougat intro a small and narrow container. Add the Date Caramel evenly over the Nougat and press the peanuts into the Caramel layer.
5. Place this in the freezer for 60-90 minutes until firm.
6. When taken out of the freezer, cut into bar-sized pieces. Return these to the freezer whilst you melt the chocolate (either au-bain-marie or in the microwave).
7. Cover the bars with chocolate by placing them one by one in the melted chocolate and using forks to flip the bar, so that it is coated on all sides. Place on parchment paper to dry.
8. Put the bars in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden.
Note: you can store them in the fridge for 10 days or a month in the freezer.