To become more sustainable, I had to change my personal consumption. I’m trying to eat less meat in order to reduce my personal impact towards the environment. One thing that I really like is chicken wraps. However, to become more sustainable, I was wondering how to make this into a delicious vegan dish. It was pretty simple. I just replaced chicken into falafel, because falafel has for me the same kind of texture that meat has. This results in my recipe to be the falafel wrap with tzatziki sauce. It is quick and easy to make and above all very delicious!
- 4-6 wraps
- Handful of mint
- 300 gram Alpro soy yoghurt
- ½ cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 7 gram parsley
- 200 gram falafel
- Lemon juice
How I make it:
- Bake the falafel a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Remove the seeds from the tomato and cut it in little pieces. Cut the cucumber into little pieces and mix both vegetables together.
- Cut the parsley in small pieces and mix it together with the cucumber and tomato.
- Sprinkle the mix of cucumber, tomato and parsley with some lemon juice.
- Cut the mint in small pieces and mix this with the Alpro soy yoghurt. If necessary, add some pepper and salt.
- Lastly, fill the wrap with some baked falafel, tomato-cucumber mix and the yoghurt-mint sauce. Now you will have your quick-and-easy-vegan-falafel-wrap-with-tzatziki- sauce dinner 😉
This recipe is part of LUGO’s vegan challenge. In the month of April the LUGO team isn’t consuming any animal products and we hope you’ll join us! A yummy new recipe will be posted twice a week, to make sure this month isn’t so much a challenge as an opportunity to try new things while benefitting the environment!