LUGO is looking for Green Office Members!
Leiden University Green Office (LUGO) is Leiden’s sustainability hub, where students and staff members work together to realise sustainable change within the university and its surroundings. Are you passionate about sustainability and do you want to help make a change? Apply to become a Green Office Member and join the movement!
What are we looking for?
Our Green Office has three different teams you can join: Media, Events and Campus Operations. In your application you can indicate which team(s) you are most interested in. As a Green Office Member you will spend approximately two hours per week on your team’s activities.
The Media Team is responsible for communicating and raising awareness about sustainability at the university. Would you like to write news articles, blogs, make video’s or come up with your own creative idea to engage people with sustainability? Then this is the job for you!
For our Events Team we are looking for people who want to organise events during the introduction weeks of the university and our monthly Green Drinks. Are you an organizational talent with great ideas for fun events to get more people into sustainability? Apply now!
Campus Operations Team
Our Campus Operations Team sets up campaigns to promote more sustainable behaviour within the university, such as recycling, saving energy and reducing waste. Do you know how to seduce people into living more sustainably or would you like to learn? Join our team!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to make a change in your own university, together with a team of enthusiastic young people.
- An opportunity to get hands-on experience with media, events organisation or behavioural change campaigns.
- Training in project management, brainstorming, presenting or other skills you want to work on.
- An increased chance to grow within the Green Office towards a paid coordinator position in the future.
- A network within Leiden’s community, but also within the Green Office movement in the rest of the Netherlands and Europe.
If you are interested in becoming a Green Office Member please send us your resume and a short motivation (maximum 300 words) to email@example.com before February 3rd. Both students and staff members are welcome to apply. Interviews will take place between 7th and 17th of February and the positions will start in the week of February 27th. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us or check out our Facebook page for more information!