This recipe has been translated to English from the following website: https://www.puursuzanne.nl/recepten/vegan-kapsalon
Ingredients (2 big plates)
300 grams oyster mushrooms
1/2 an onion
2 teaspoons of oregano
250 ml cooking cream (for example ‘Haver cuisine Oatly’ or ‘Alpro Cuisine’, these are made from oats and soy/rice). You could also use soy yoghurt!
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
3 garlic bulbs
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 teaspoon dill
A dash of black pepper
1. Preheat the oven on 230 degrees celsius (preferably with grill mode turned on)
2. Cut the potatoes in fries shape and boil them shortje for 5 minutes
3. Bake them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning them halfway through to make all sides crispy
4. Cut or press the garlic (optional: boil them for a short while to take the sharp flavor off)
5. Mix the chiaseeds with the cooking cream. Add lemon, garlic, pepper and dill. Let this mixture set for a little while in the fridge
6. Meanwhile, chop the vegetables and bake the oyster mushrooms with oregano. Tear them into smaller pieces.
7. Mix the sauce (from step 5)
7. To plate the dish, start with the fries, add the vegetables and mushrooms, and generously pour the garlic sauce over it.